SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener is unique among no-calorie sweeteners. It has a clean, sugar-like taste without the bitter aftertaste of some other no-calorie sweeteners, such as saccharin and acesulfame-K. And unlike aspartame, it holds up to heat, so it can be used in cooking and baking.
SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener is found in more than 4000 products worldwide and helps make it easier for your patients to reduce their added sugar intake and plan healthier meals.
Current dietary guidelines recommend that everyone reduce added sugar in their daily diets. SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener is a great way to reduce sugar intake without compromising taste.
FAMILY OF SPLENDA PRODUCT
1. Splenda Packets - Suitable for Tabletop
2. Splenda Granulated - Suitable for Baking and Cooking (Refer to website for cooking tips)
3. Splenda Minis - Suitable for carrying around.
1. Mezitis NHE, Maggio CA, Koch P, et al. Glycemic effect of a single high oral dose of the novel sweetener sucralose in patients with diabetes. Diabetes Care. 1996;19(9):1004-1005.
2. Kuhn C, Bufe B, Winnig M, et al. Bitter taste receptors for saccharin and acesulfame K. J Neurosci. 2004;24(45):10260-10265.
3. Horne J, Lawless HT, Speirs W, Sposato D. Bitter taste of saccharin and acesulfame-K. Chem Senses. 2002;27:31-38.
4. Nelson AL. Sweeteners: Alternative - Practical Guides for the Food Industry. St Paul, MN: Eagan Press; 2000.
5. Grotz VL, Munro IC. An overview of the safety of sucralose. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009;55(1):1-5.