Heartpower TESOL and Teacher TrainIng Centre Pte Ltd
Education & Training Services, teacher training, TESOL and CELTA courses
CELTA course is awarded by one of the most famous universities in the world, so that’s a good start! It is well regarded by organizations such as the Peace Corps and JET. CELTA graduates usually receive credit for MA TESOL programs.
Education & Training Services
1. The Cambridge CELTA is one of the most widely known initial qualifications. Any potential employer, if they have any knowledge at all of initial TEFL qualifications, is likely to know of the Cambridge CELTA. It is accepted throughout the world by organisations which employ English language teachers. Cambridge ESOL Teaching Awards have been accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority QCA at level 4 on the British National Qualification Framework. Cambridge ESOL also works with international ELT organisations to ensure the acceptance of CELTA globally. More than 10,000 candidates complete a CELTA course each year. It is accepted by the British Council as an initial and a full EFL qualification for teachers in schools and colleges accredited under the British Council’s Accreditation in Britain Scheme.
2. The courses are validated, and syllabus and assessment criteria are fixed by, the University for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). This assures quality control in a number of areas: All centres (such as Heartpower TESOL) are subject to approval by ESOL and have to maintain standards in order to retain this approval. If a centre is failing to meet the required standards, approval to run course will be withdrawn by ESOL. Similarly, it is not uncommon for institutions to have their application to run CELTA courses turned down by ESOL.
3. Every CELTA course is moderated by an external assessor which means you are assured you are receiving appropriate level of training and that the trainers are doing their job to an approved standard (if they weren’t the centre could have their accrediatation revoked).
4. Each CELTA trainer has to be approved by ESOL (which includes meeting ESOL requirements re teaching experience and qualifications, this means that a trainer usually has a minimum qualification of a diploma certificate plus a number of years experience of other teacher development) and has to undergo a substantial induction process. No tutor who has not been accredited by Cambridge ESOL can EVER tutor on a CELTA course.
5. You are guaranteed a maximum of 6 trainees to 1 tutor. Most of our courses have a maximum of 12 trainees. Other courses take as many people as possible, which makes them more money but also reduces the amount of time a tutor is available for you.
6. Should you not be happy with the standard of training you receive, there is an external body to which you can complain so you can be certain your complaint will be dealt with seriously and relevant action taken.
7. We can, on request, provide you contact details of past trainees who you are free to email and get an ’unbiased’ opinion of the course.
8. Heartpower TESOL is the leading TESOL training school in Singapore so you will get a feel for what it is like being an EFL teacher in a real teaching environment. When doing CELTA at Heartpower, you are guaranteed that your course is running to an approved syllabus, your trainers are all highly experienced and have been trained to tutor you.
Only the CELTA can guarantee you are employable all around the world.Cambridge ESOL is a division of The University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES). UCLES took over the RSA certificates and diplomas for teachers in 1988. Some people still refer to the ’RSA certificate’ but they mean CELTA, which is now one of the Cambridge ESOL Language Awards. (Cambridge ESOL Teaching Awards is the English language teacher-training unit at UCLES).
, teacher training
, TESOL and CELTA courses