Homeopathy & Healthy Aging
Aging & Its Implications
Medicine cannot reverse the aging process. But it can help in coming out of the ailments of aging. Homeopathy too can give the symptomatic relief in the complaints of old people.
Gerontology is the study of old age, stressing the social & behavioral looks of aging.
Aging is a lifelong process and changes in its effects on individual people; old age has been generally stated as beginning of 65.Aging is a series of process that begins with life and continues throughout the lifecycle.
Growing Old but Keeping Fit
Most people are scared, indeed, terrified of old age because they feel that aging is characterized by a progressive loss of essential body functions like, loss of vision, hearing , teeth, memory, intelligence, sexual drive, muscle strength and vigour.
Why do we grow old? According to a popular theory, free radicals damage cells, tissues and organs progressively and as we age the body ability to neutralize such damages wanes.
In this context, it useful to bear in mind those anti-oxidants is natural substances that fight these harmful free radicals. Some recent studies have indicated that anti-oxidants may help prevent heart disease, some cancers, cataracts, and other ailments that more common among older people. Among the anti-oxidants available in food are vitamins C and E and beta-carotene which are why most experts recommend five servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
Tips for Healthy Aging
· Ensure a balance diet, including five servings of fruits and vegetables a day, increase Vitamin D and B6 intake.
· Exercise regularly. However check with your doctor before starting an exercise programmed. Staying active is a terrific way to stave off the negative effects of aging.
· Go in for regular health checkups.
· Don`t ever smoke. If you have picked up the habit, it is never too late to stop.· Practice safely habits at home to prevent falls & factures.
· Stay in touch with family & friends. Remain active through work & exercise.
· If you drink alcohol moderation is the keyword.· Adopt and maintain positive attitude towards life. Do things that make you happy.
Role of Homeopathy in Aging process
Homeopathy plays very important role in this aging process. Homeopathy is a natural medical science. It is a gentle and effective system of medicine. The remedies are prepared from natural substances. Homeopathy gives its emphasis not to the disease but for the diseased person and removes the disease from its root.
Senior citizens suffer with a range of ailments. As their body might become delicate, feeble and tender they require homeopathic constitutional treatment which could strengthen their immune system. Homeopathy offers a safe and effective treatment for most of the health conditions experienced by old people.
There are verities of medicines in homeopathy, which can be given for the symptom relief.
Homeopathy medicines/ Remedies for Old Age
Acid Phos, Agnus Cactus, Alumina, Ambra grisea, Anacardium, Aurum met, Baryta carb, Bryonia, Cactus, Calc carb, Calc phos, Capsicum, China, Crataegus, Causticum, Conium, Gelsemium, Graphites, Hepar sulph, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Merc sol, Nat mur, Secale cor, Sepia, Strophanthus, Sulphur, Thuja, etc.
Self medication is not advisable. Consult a Qualified Homeopathy Practitioner for appropriate treatment.